Friday, May 27, 2011

5 on Friday...

1. My eye Dr. appointment went well. I decided to go with contacts but I don't think the prescription is quite right. I'm still seeing some blur from time to time. They did tell me this might happen and I have another appointment scheduled on June 3rd.
2. I've been reading the two photography books I purchased ( love them) and have even tried the big 'M' mode on my DSLR. I think I'm finally getting the hang of it although its not perfect yet.  : ) However I am still having a bit of trouble with action shots even when using TV mode. : ( Practice makes perfect right! right!
3. I'm a few photos behind on my CY365 May Merriment project because:
    1). I do not like to take photos of food but I am trying and...
    2). The contacts that I mentioned up there in #1.
4. We are in week 2 of the Power Scrapping class I'm taking over at BPC /BPS (not sure what to call it now). Guess what? I'm a little ( just a little) behind but I plan to catch up this weekend, possilbly tonight. I'm really excited about this class and so far it all seems pretty simple. : )
5. No guesses on the ducks... 9 maybe 10 of the 11 eggs hatched on May 25, 2011 and at around 7:30 they were hopping out of the nest onto our porch. They were staying very close together and it was hard to get a head count. I hope they survived as it was storming pretty bad that evening and I have not seen the babies again. We did see what may have been Daisy sitting on the nest on May 26, 2011 but she didn't stay long and she has not been seen yet today. I took alot of pictures while the eggs were hatching and got a few really good ones. It was amazing to sit within 5 feet and watch the eggs hatch. My camera battery was low so I put it on the charger and didn't get any pictures of them once they left the nest. I was sure I'd have time and to top it all off I forgot I had another charged battery in my bag. : ( 
Here's a peek at Daisy and a couple of her sweet little ones.













Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend,
Love & Hugs,
Susi

No comments: